According to the bank, the SBBE will function in the following ways:-
- It will track the Economy index introduced by Sber.
- The Economy Index will include the following areas:
- The securities of companies working with cryptocurrencies and blockchain technologies.
- Producers of crypto mining hardware and software
- Crypto assets issuing entities and businesses providing consulting services in the field of blockchain.
- The fund’s currency is US dollars, but investors are allowed to purchase shares with rubles through the
Sberinvestorapplication or through any Russian broker.
- The price of the shares starts at 10 rubles.
- The SBBE will hold securities of companies dealing with cryptocurrencies and the technologies that support them.
- Some of the major crypto exchanges are Coinbase, blockchain software developer Digindex, and crypto financial services provider
The Sber Asset Management CEO Evgeny Zaitsev said on the launch that these crypto-related assets are mainly concerned with the firms working on the development of blockchain technologies.
For the latest crypto news and investment tips, follow our Cryptocurrency page and for live cryptocurrency price updates, click here.